- Forms part of the roof of third ventricle.
- The pineal gland is posterior and secretes melatonin.
- The gland regulates day-night cycles with secondary
effect in reproductive function.
- It also produces serotonin, norepinephrine.
- Flactuations of melanin are related related to daily
cycle of photic(light) input.
- It is connected to the suprachiasmatic nucleus of
- The habenular nuclei are sites of convergence of
limbic pathways that carry impulses to midbrain.
- They receive striae medullaris and give rise to the